The vineyard, featured symbol of the mediterranean culture, is one of the identity values in the Costa Daurada regions, as for the overwhelming extension of it's cultivation as for the singularity of it's products. With 5 'wine origin denominations', and a major of it's territory included in the 'cava origin denomination', the 'Costa Daurada' has a great variety of vineyard landscapes.
The vineyards almost centennial, cultivated in sloping fields or plots of the Priorat and the Montsant mountains, creates an austere landscape that contrasts with the plain areas of 'Camp the Tarragona' and 'Penedès'. The most ondulated landscapes of 'Terra Alta' and 'Conca de Barberà' deversify even more the variety of possible stages. An agrarian mosaic shared with other tipically mediterranean crops as the 'olivo', cereal, almond and hazel.
To read more, click on: http://turismepriorat.org/es/que-hacer/ruta-de-las-bodegas (spanish)
- Tarragona, city declared 'Patrimonio de la Humanidad' by UNESCO the 30th November in 2000 (just at 30 km from the camping).
- Reus and Gaudí. Reus, born city of Antoni Gaudi, that still keeps some of the places in which the genious used to go during the 16 years that he lived in there, before departing to Barcelona.
- Cartoixa de Scala Dei. The 'Cartuja de Escaladei' or Scala Dei was a charterhouse, located in the Priorato region (Tarragona). Founded in the XII century, it's considered the first charterhouse of the iberian peninsule.
- Siurana: It is the swamp of the region. Beautiful place to take a walk or to practice canoeing.
- Port Aventura. Famous theme park located just 30 kilometer far away from the camping.